VARD Secures $168M Contract to Build OSV for Island Offshore
Singapore-listed Vard Holdings Limited (VARD), one of the major global designers and shipbuilders of offshore and specialized vessels, disclosed Friday that it has secured a new contract with Island Offshore for the construction of one offshore support vessel of Rolls-Royce design. The value of the contract is in excess of $167.6 million (NOK 1 billion).
Delivery is scheduled from Vard Brevik in Norway in 2Q 2016. The hull of the vessel will be delivered from Vard Tulcea in Romania.
The Island Offshore Group is a leading provider of services to the offshore industry managing a fleet of more than 30 high quality vessels with an average age of less than four years, currently operating in Brazil, West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico and in the North Sea. VARD has delivered more than 30 vessels to Island Offshore in the past, in addition to five vessels currently under construction.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- VARD Secures $168M Contract to Build OSV for Island Offshore (May 26)
- VARD Secures $65M Contract to Build OSV for Island Offshore (Dec 02)
- Aker Solutions Wins North Sea Contracts with Island Offshore (Jun 08)
Company: Vard Holdings Limited more info
- VARD Agrees to Terminate Order to Build OCAH Vessel for REM Offshore (Jun 29)
- Blue Water Shipping-Led JV Bags $350M Deal from Kazakhstan's Tengizchevroil (May 12)
- Marine Industry Looks To Cruise Ships, Wind Farms To Weather Oil Slump (Apr 12)