Galp Rig Mobilized for Moroccan Drill
Galp Energia’s TAO-1 exploration well off the Moroccan Atlantic coast is a step closer to being drilled after the mobilization of the Ralph Coffman (375’ ILC) rig. Galp’s partner in the well, Tangiers Petroleum, announced Thursday that the rig has mobilized and is on track to commence drilling in mid-to-late June.
The TAO-1 well will target gross un-risked prospective resources of 758 million barrels held in three stacked objectives at the drilling location, which is in shallow water. The well is situated within a proven petroleum system, adjacent to the Cap Juby oil discovery.
Tangiers Managing Director Dave Wall commented in a company statement:
"It is a very large structure located in shallow water within a proven play fairway and adjacent to an existing oil discovery. All the ingredients required for exploration success are present in the region, giving Tangiers, and its shareholders, a good chance of success at TAO-1."
Galp is the operator of the TAO-1 well, holding a 50-percent stake, while Tangiers and ONHYM (Morocco’s National Office of Hydrocarbons and Mines) each hold 25-percent interests.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Galp To Start Drilling Exploration Well Offshore Portugal (Jul 02)
- Galp Says Little Impact From Portuguese Refineries Strike (Jun 14)
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
Company: Tangiers Petroleum Ltd. more info
- TAO-1 Well, Offshore Morocco, Drilling to Schedule (Jul 14)
- Ralph Coffman Spuds TAO-1 Well in Tarfaya Block Offshore Morocco (Jun 26)
- Tangiers Secures Funding For Moroccan Drilling Program (Jun 04)