Aminex Completes 2D Seismic Acquisition over Ntorya-1 Discovery
Independent explorer Aminex has completed the acquisition of 2D seismic data over the up-dip portion of the Ntorya-1 discovery, located in the Ruvuma contract area, onshore Tanzania, partner Solo Oil reported Thursday.
Processing of the data has begun and fully-interpreted results are expected during the third quarter of 2014. Solo said that the new seismic data, which totals approximately 110 miles, will assist in delineating the Ntorya discovery and allow the optimization of future production wells.
Solo Executive Director Neil Ritson commented in a company statement:
"Acquisition of the infill seismic data over the Ntorya gas condensate discovery is an important next step in the monetisation process for the discovery. This is especially timely as the commissioning of the new gas pipeline, currently under construction, to the market in Dar es Salaam will make Ntorya especially valuable. We look forward to seeing the results of the processing and interpretation as they are concluded."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Solo Oil PLC more info
- Solo Oil: Ntorya-2 Rig Mobilization Underway, Spud Expected December (Oct 18)
- Solo Oil Opts Out of Immediate Option to Extend KNDL Equity (Sep 07)
- Horse Hill License Extensions Secured (Jul 05)