Otis Energy Drops Plan to Acquire 8.5% Stake in Yemen's Block 7
Otis Energy Limited, an Australian-based oil and gas development company, provided Thursday the following update on its acquisition of an interest in Block 7 in Yemen.
During the second quarter of 2013 Otis Energy Limited entered into an agreement with Mitsui E&P Middle East B.V. in relation to the acquisition of an 8.5 percent working interest (10 percent paying interest) in Block 7 in the Republic of Yemen.
Under the terms of the agreement, the longstop date for completion of the transaction was April 24, and the parties entered into a period of 20 business days to seek an alternate means of affecting the transaction.
After having discussion between Otis Energy Limited and Mitsui E&P Middle East B.V., the parties have agreed to end their agreement before expiry of the period of 20 business days. Otis wishes to thank the management and team from Mitsui E&P Middle East B.V. for their time, effort and professionalism during this period.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Japan's Mitsui Chemicals Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Fire-Hit Plant (Aug 13)
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
Company: Otis Energy Ltd. more info
- Otis Energy Drops Plan to Acquire 8.5% Stake in Yemen's Block 7 (May 22)
- Otis Energy Yet to Get Approval for Purchase of a Stake in Yemen's Block 7 (Apr 28)