Murphy Oil Extends Charter for Perdana Petroleum's AHTS Vessel off Malaysia
Malaysia's offshore marine services provider to the upstream oil and gas industry Perdana Petroleum Berhad (PPB) reported Wednesday that its subsidiary Perdana Nautika Sdn Bhd (PNSB) has secured an extension to its contract to supply an anchor hadling tug supply (AHTS) vessel to support Murphy Sabah/Sarawak Oil Co. Ltd.'s 2012/2014 Shallow Water Drilling Program offshore East Malaysia.
The extended charter, worth $9.4 million (MYR 30 million), will commence from June 27 to June 26, 2015, PPB said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Murphy had originally chartered the AHTS vessel June 28, 2012 from PNSB on a two year contract for $27 million (MYR 86 million) to work on the same drilling program.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Perdana Petroleum Berhad more info
- Perdana Forfeited $8.4M in Deposit for Cancelling a Shipbuilding Contract (Apr 12)
- Perdana Petroleum Cancels Order to Build Accommodation Work Barge (Mar 31)
- Dayang Increases Stake in Malaysia's Perdana Petroleum to 51.21% (Jul 28)