Jurong Shipyard Bags $236M Jackup Contract from Hercules Offshore
Sembcorp Marine announced Wednesday that its subsidiary Jurong Shipyard bagged a $236 million (SGD 296 million) contract to build a high specification jackup for Hercules Offshore, Inc.'s unit Hercules North Sea Ltd.
The Friede & Goldman JU 200E design jackup, scheduled to be delivered in the second quarter of 2016, will have enhanced features suitable for UK operations. It will operate in waters of 400 feet and drill to depths of 30,000 feet. The jackup will be equipped with 2,000,000 lbs drilling capacity, 6,000 barrels mud capacity, 28,000 kips preload capacity for the legs and 150-man accommodation capacity.
When completed, the jackup will be chartered out to Maersk Oil and Gas for deployment in the UK sector of the North Sea.
“We are honored to work with Hercules Offshore and we would like to congratulate Hercules Offshore in clinching the contract from Maersk Oil and Gas. This reaffirms Jurong Shipyard’s position as a customer-oriented yard in providing tailor-made rig designs and solutions for our customers.” William Gu, Jurong Shipyard’s general manager of Offshore Division, said in a press release.
With the latest contract, Sembcorp Marine’s total new orders secured in 2014 has reached $1.54 billion (SGD 1.93 billion), while the Group’s net order book stands at $10.52 billion (SGD 13.2 billion), with deliveries extending into 2019.
“We are pleased to partner with Jurong Shipyard as we believe in Jurong Shipyard’s strong track record in delivering quality rigs customized for our clients,” John T. Rynd, CEO and president of Hercules Offshore said in the same release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- C&J Energy Files for Bankruptcy to Cut $1.4B in Debt (Jul 20)
- Hercules Offshore Sells Jackup at 94% Loss (Jul 12)
- Hercules Offshore Lays Off 60 at Houston Headquarters (Jun 13)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Shell Names Former Maersk Oil CEO Watkins As Next US Boss (Mar 27)
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)