Pertamina Flags Readiness to Manage Mahakam Block Off East Kalimantan
Indonesia's national oil and gas company PT Pertamina sent a third letter to the country's Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry highlighting its readiness to manage the Mahakam block offshore East Kalimantan as the Production Sharing Contract now held by Total S.A. and Inpex Corp. is due to expire in 2017, local daily The Jakarta Post said Tuesday.
“We are 100 percent ready to manage the block and we have sent an official letter to the ministry three times,” the firm’s upstream oil and gas director, Muhammad Husein, told kompas.com on Monday, as reported in the Indonesian daily.
Pertamina would send a fourth letter to the government if there was no response in the next few months, Husein said, adding that the firm’s experience in taking over the West Madura Offshore (WMO) and Offshore Northwest Java (ONWJ) blocks from foreign contractors made it ideally qualified to operate the Mahakam block.
Earlier in March, a senior official of Pertamina's upstream subsidiary PT Pertamina Hulu Energi told Rigzone that it was keen on a stake in the Mahakam contract area. Pertamina Hulu Energi currently operates the WMO and ONWJ blocks in Indonesia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
Company: Pertamina more info
- Indonesia Confirms Pertamina CEO As State Firm Pressed To Curb Imports (Aug 29)
- Pertamina Discontinues LNG Terminal Project, Seen As Unfeasible (Jul 09)
- Bangladesh Signs Deal With Indonesia For LNG Imports (Jan 29)
Company: Inpex more info
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)