Pertamina Flags Readiness to Manage Mahakam Block Off East Kalimantan
Indonesia's national oil and gas company PT Pertamina sent a third letter to the country's Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry highlighting its readiness to manage the Mahakam block offshore East Kalimantan as the Production Sharing Contract now held by Total S.A. and Inpex Corp. is due to expire in 2017, local daily The Jakarta Post said Tuesday.
“We are 100 percent ready to manage the block and we have sent an official letter to the ministry three times,” the firm’s upstream oil and gas director, Muhammad Husein, told kompas.com on Monday, as reported in the Indonesian daily.
Pertamina would send a fourth letter to the government if there was no response in the next few months, Husein said, adding that the firm’s experience in taking over the West Madura Offshore (WMO) and Offshore Northwest Java (ONWJ) blocks from foreign contractors made it ideally qualified to operate the Mahakam block.
Earlier in March, a senior official of Pertamina's upstream subsidiary PT Pertamina Hulu Energi told Rigzone that it was keen on a stake in the Mahakam contract area. Pertamina Hulu Energi currently operates the WMO and ONWJ blocks in Indonesia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Pertamina more info
- Pertamina Signs JV Deal With Russia's Rosneft For New Tuban Refinery (Nov 28)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Spend $700MM On Mahakam Oil, Gas Block Next Year (Nov 02)
- Pertamina: Indonesia To Become LNG Importer In 2020 As Population Grows (Oct 25)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)