AWE Prepares to Relocate Kan Tan IV Semisub to Drill Oi-1 Well Off NZ
AWE Limited reported Tuesday that as at 06:00 hours (6.00am NZDT) today the Pateke-4H development well in petroleum mining permit (PMP 38158) offshore New Zealand was successfully completed and suspended for production at a later date.
Production from Pateke-4H is planned for 1H calendar year 2015 following the installation and commissioning of a sub-sea flow-line and ancillary control equipment connecting the well to the Tui Field gathering system. This work is scheduled to commence in 1Q calendar year 2015.
Preparations are being made to relocate the Kan Tan IV (mid-water semisub) 7.45 miles (12 kilometers) to the northeast of the Tui field to the Oi-1 exploration well location. On current planning Oi-1 is expected to commence drilling during the last week of May and a separate announcement will be made on commencement of drilling.
The Pateke-4H development well is in PMP 38158 and AWE is the Operator. Located in the offshore Taranaki Basin, New Zealand, PMP 38158 contains the Tui, Amokura and Pateke fields and has been producing since 2007.
The Joint Venture partners in PMP 38158 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator): 57.5 percent
- New Zealand Oil & Gas (via subsidiaries): 27.5 percent
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (via subsidiaries): 15.0 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- NZOG Reports Full Year Net Loss of $4M, Eyes Under-Valued Assets (Aug 27)