Nido Executes Second Stage of Farm-in Process for SC 63 in the Philippines
Nido Petroleum Limited (Nido or the Company) announced Monday that it has executed the second stage of the Service Contract (SC) 63 farm-in process with PNOC-EC. The terms of the farm-in, which is located in for SC 63 in North West Palawan Basin in the Philippines, with PNOC-EC are consistent with the original agreement with Dragon Oil plc.
Nido will now retain a net 20 percent Participating Interest in SC 63 and in exchange for the divestment of the Company’s net 30 percent interest Nido will only be required to contribute $2.0 million towards the cost of the Baragatan-1 well (based on the $25 million dry hole cost cap).
In addition Nido has received a net payment of approximately $1.63 million for past seismic costs through this 2 stage farm-in process.
Subject to DOE approval, the participating interests in the Service Contract will be as follows:
- Dragon Oil (Philippines SC 63) Limited: 40 percent
- PNOC-EC: 40 percent
- Nido Petroleum Philippines Pty Ltd: 20 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- UAE's Dragon Oil in Talks with Turkmenistan on $10B TAPI Pipeline (Nov 27)
- Dragon Oil to Maintain Production Rate of 100,000 Bopd for 5 Years (Aug 07)
- Elliott Advisors Says ENOC's Offer Undervalues Dragon Oil (Jul 17)
Company: Nido Petroleum more info
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)
Company: PNOC-Exploration Corporation more info
- PNOC EC to Invest $182M in Philippines Oil, Gas Projects in 2016 (Apr 07)
- First Gas Flows From New Offshore Platform at Philippines' Malampaya Field (Oct 06)
- Philippines DOE Approves PNOC-EC's Transfer of 10% Stake in SC 63 to Nido (Jan 09)