Atwood Eagle to Drill Phoenix South-1 Well in Permit WA-435-P off WA Soon
Carnarvon Petroleum Limited (Carnarvon) reported Monday that the Atwood Eagle (DW semisub) has been released from the previous location and is en route to the Phoenix South-1 well location within the WA-435-P exploration permit offshore Western Australia.
The Company’s next scheduled announcement will occur after the Phoenix South-1 well has been spud, anticipated to be on or around the weekend of May 24-25.
Apache Energy and JX Nippon are earning a 40 percent and 20 percent interest in the permit respectively through the drilling of the well down to 14,763 feet (4,500 meters).
The equity interest holders (upon satisfaction of the farm in agreement terms) are:
- Carnarvon Petroleum: 20 percent
- Apache Energy (Operator): 40 percent
- JX Nippon: 20 percent
- Finder Exploration: 20 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Apache and Kayne Anderson Create $3.5B Pipeline Company in the Permian (Aug 09)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
- Kinder Morgan, EagleClaw and Apache Team Up for $2B Permian Pipeline (Jun 26)
Company: Carnarvon Petroleum Limited more info
- Australia's Quadrant, Carnarvon Hail 'Incredible' Oil Find in Sector Ripe f (Aug 08)
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)