Karoon Gas Farms Out 50% Stake in Permit WA-482-P to Apache
Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. reported Friday that its wholly owned subsidiary Karoon Gas FPSO Pty Ltd. has entered into a Farm‐out Agreement to farm‐out a 50 percent interest in Carnarvon Basin Exploration Permit WA‐482‐P (the Permit) to Apache Northwest Pty Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Apache Corporation (Apache).
Pursuant to the Farm‐out Agreement, Apache will acquire a 50 percent interest in the Permit on the following terms:
- Pay Karoon US$9.04 million in reimbursement of seismic acquisition costs
- Fund 90 percent of the drilling costs for one exploration well capped at a value of $63 million. This exploration well will fulfill the Permit Year 3 work obligations
- Assume operatorship of the Permit
- Commit to drill an exploration well in first half calendar year 2015
”We are delighted to welcome Apache as a joint venture partner in the Permit. Apache is an established and significant operator in the Carnarvon Basin with an active 13 well off‐shore Western Australian drilling program in 2014.
Apache brings to the table an excellent track record of bringing projects into production in Australia and they are one of the largest suppliers of gas into the heavy industrial based Western Australian domestic gas market.
This transaction is a significant milestone for Karoon, and a further endorsement on Karoon’s ability to identify exciting, very large early stage exploration opportunities,” Robert Hosking, Executive Chairman said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. more info
- Karoon Buys PEPC's 35% Stake in 4 Santos Basin Blocks in Brazil for $20.5M (Sep 28)
- PEPC Makes Overdue Payment to Karoon for Brazil's Santos Basin Blocks (Jun 16)
- Karoon Issues Default Notice to Santos Basin Block Partner PEPC (Jun 15)