Petronas Carigali Charters Perisai Pacific 101 Jackup for $158M
Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd, an upstream oil and gas offshore service provider, disclosed Monday the value of the recent Letter of Award received from Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, the upstream subsidiary of Malaysia's national oil and gas company Petronas, for newbuild jackup Perisai Pacific 101 (400' ILC), the company said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
The award, which was received by Perisai's 51 percent unit Perisai Offshore Sdn Bhd April 24, is valued at $158 million for three years, with any extension to the contract subject to the mutual agreement of the parties.
The Perisai Pacific 101 jackup, currently under construction at PPL Shipyard in Singapore, is expected to commence operations for Petronas Carigali in mid 2014 in support of the latter's drilling campaign.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd more info
- Bondholders of Malaysia's Perisai Reject Extension of Maturity Date (Oct 04)
- Malaysian Banks Brace For Profit Hits As O&G Firms Restructure Debt (Sep 26)
- Malaysia's Perisai Gets 6 Months Charter Extension for FPSO Perisai Kamelia (Aug 22)