Atwood Eagle Mobilizes to Drill Phoenix South-1 Well Offshore WA
Carnarvon Petroleum Limited (Carnarvon) reported Tuesday that the operator of Phoenix South-1 wel in exploration permit WA-435-P off Western Australia Apache Energy (Apache) has advised that the Atwood Eagle (DW semisub) is expected to be mobilized to the Phoenix South-1 well location around Thursday May 15.
Drilling is expected to start approximately 5 days after the rig has commenced its mobilization from the previous location.
The Company’s next scheduled announcement will occur once the rig has commenced mobilization.
The equity interest holders (upon satisfaction of the farm in agreement terms) are:
- Carnarvon Petroleum - 20 percent
- Apache Energy (Operator) - 40 percent
- JX Nippon - 20 percent
- Finder Exploration - 20 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Apache and Kayne Anderson Create $3.5B Pipeline Company in the Permian (Aug 09)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
- Kinder Morgan, EagleClaw and Apache Team Up for $2B Permian Pipeline (Jun 26)
Company: Carnarvon Petroleum Limited more info
- Australia's Quadrant, Carnarvon Hail 'Incredible' Oil Find in Sector Ripe f (Aug 08)
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)