Perisai Gets LOA for Perisai Pacific 101 Jackup from Petronas Carigali
Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd's 51 percent subsidiary Perisai Offshore Sdn Bhd (Perisai Offshore) has received a Letter of Award (LOA) April 24 from Malaysian national oil and gas company Petronas' upstream unit Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd for the provision of a newbuild jackup Perisai Pacific 101 (400' ILC) for a period of three years, the company said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Works required under the terms of the LOA would be carried out by Perisai's wholly owned subsidiary Perisai Drilling Sdn Bhd and managed by Hercules Offshore, Inc., which is the drilling operations and maintenance manager of Perisai Pacific 101. Actual operations will commence in mid 2014 in support of Petronas Carigali’s drilling campaign.
The Perisai Pacific 101 jackup is now being built by PPL Shipyard Pte Ltd in Singapore. The jackup, which is equipped to drill high pressure and high temperature wells as deep as 30,000 feet, can operate in water depths of up to 400 feet and has accommodation for 150 persons.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd more info
- Bondholders of Malaysia's Perisai Reject Extension of Maturity Date (Oct 04)
- Malaysian Banks Brace For Profit Hits As O&G Firms Restructure Debt (Sep 26)
- Malaysia's Perisai Gets 6 Months Charter Extension for FPSO Perisai Kamelia (Aug 22)