Statoil Spuds OzBeta-1 Well in EP 127 in Australia's Northern Territory
Canada's PetroFrontier Corp. (PetroFrontier), an Australia-focused oil and gas exploration company, announced Wednesday that the second well in its 2014 Work Plan and Budget (the 2014 WP&B) has now spud and drilling is underway. The OzBeta-1 well is a vertical exploration well located in Exploration Permit 127 in South Georgina Basin in Australia's Northern Territory. This is the second of up to five vertical test wells to be drilled as part of the 2014 WP&B. All wells will include an extensive open hole evaluation program and up to three of the wells will be cased for future hydraulic fracture stimulation and production testing.
Prior to the spud of the OzBeta-1 well, Statoil Australia Theta B.V., PetroFrontier’s joint venture partner and the operator of the 2014 WP&B, used the rig to successfully abandon the Owen-3H well in accordance with Australian regulations. The 2014 WP&B is progressing on schedule and as approved by the Joint Operating Committee.
Subsequent to drilling the OzBeta-1 well, the rig will be moved to the third well location of the five well program, OzGamma-1, located in Exploration Permit 103. Readers are encouraged to review the current investor presentation online to see both the well locations and seismic cross sections.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
- Norwegian Sea Gift Keeps on Giving (Oct 05)
Company: PetroFrontier Corp more info
- Statoil to Withdraw from Permits EP127, EP128 in NT's Georgina Basin (Nov 14)
- Statoil Completes Testing Operations at OzDelta-1 Well in Australia's NT (Oct 13)
- Statoil Abandons OzBeta-1 Well in Permit EP 127 in Northern Territory (Aug 27)