COSL Completes 3D Seismic Survey in Block 33/07 in East China Sea
China-focused Primeline Energy Holdings Inc. (Primeline or the Company) reported Monday that its contractor, China Oilfield Services Ltd. (COSL), has completed the 3D seismic survey of 231 square miles (600 square kilometers) in Block 33/07, East China Sea announced by Primeline March 31.
The survey commenced March 31 and as the weather and sea conditions were good, COSL was able to complete the survey ahead of the planned schedule and the final line was shot May 2. The data will now be shipped to COSL’s processing center and it is estimated that processing will commence around mid-May. The processing will take about 4-5 months and will allow Primeline to merge the new data with the existing 3D seismic data for interpretation in 3Q 2014.
Primeline has existing 3D seismic data covering the LS36-1 gas field development and its immediately surrounding prospects. The 231 square miles (600 square kilometers) area surveyed by COSL is located to the north of and adjacent to the existing 3D seismic data area. The new survey is intended to provide better definition of the prospects and leads that have previously been identified in the survey area using 2D data, in order to generate more drillable prospects.
In the meantime, the LS36-1 gas field development is progressing well with CNOOC Limited, as operator, working on the final connection to allow the production to commence soon. Based on current information from CNOOC, the target for first gas remains sometime in 3Q 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: CNOOC more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Uganda's National Oil Firm, China's CNOOC Sign Exploration Deal (Sep 06)
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
Company: Primeline Energy Holdings Inc. more info
- Primeline to Commence Arbitration Against CNOOC Over China's Offshore Block (May 25)
- Primeline Enters into Phase 2 Exploration of Block 33/07 in East China Sea (May 05)
- Primeline Begins Arbitration Over Zhejiang Gas' Breach of Sales Contract (Apr 18)