Devon Buys 50,000 shale acres for $249 million cash
May 6 (Reuters) - Devon Energy Corp on Tuesday said it acquired 50,000 acres and some production in the Cana-Woodford Shale in Oklahoma for $249 million in cash from Cimarex Energy Co.
The deal includes current production of 5,800 barrels of oil equivalent per day, Devon said.
Devon, based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is due to report is first-quarter earnings on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Anna Driver)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Permian Auction Doubles 2008 Record with near Billion-Dollar Sale (Sep 07)
- Shale Companies Sink On Investor Disappointment, Hedging Losses (Aug 01)
- Devon Energy Plans to Lay Off 9 Percent of Staff to Boost Returns (Apr 10)
Company: Cimarex Energy more info
- A Small Oil Field In Oklahoma Is Seeing Big Bets From Producers (Mar 19)
- Texas Shale Drillers Lure $2 Billion in New Equity to Permian (Feb 02)
- Devon Buys 50,000 shale acres for $249 million cash (May 06)