Devon Buys 50,000 shale acres for $249 million cash
May 6 (Reuters) - Devon Energy Corp on Tuesday said it acquired 50,000 acres and some production in the Cana-Woodford Shale in Oklahoma for $249 million in cash from Cimarex Energy Co.
The deal includes current production of 5,800 barrels of oil equivalent per day, Devon said.
Devon, based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is due to report is first-quarter earnings on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Anna Driver)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Devon Energy 3Q Profit Beats Estimates (Oct 31)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
Company: Cimarex Energy more info
- Texas Shale Drillers Lure $2 Billion in New Equity to Permian (Feb 02)
- Devon Buys 50,000 shale acres for $249 million cash (May 06)
- Oil Price Slide May Hit Small Oil Companies' Spending Plans for 2012 (Oct 06)