Atwood Clinches Drilling Contract from BHP for Atwood Falcon Seimsub
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (Atwood) announced Thursday that one of its subsidiaries has been awarded a drilling services contract by BHP Billiton Petroleum Pty., Limited for the Atwood Falcon (DW semisubmersible). This contract is for a term of 330 days and the work will be performed offshore Australia at a day rate of approximately $430,000 in direct continuation with the rig's contracted drilling programs. As part of this contract, BHP Billiton retains the right to further extend the contract for two option periods of approximately 120 days each at the same day rate. Contract commencement is expected to occur in direct continuation of present operations.
Atwood Oceanics is a leading offshore drilling company engaged in the drilling and completion of exploration and development wells for the global oil and gas industry. The company currently owns 12 mobile offshore drilling units and is constructing three ultra-deepwater drillships.
The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Atwood Oceanics, Inc. common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "ATW."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Rules Out Investing In US Shale Oil After BP-BHP Deal (Aug 27)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- BHP Sees Faster Shale Sale in Race to Exit $10 Billion Unit (Feb 20)
Company: Atwood Oceanics more info
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)