Mubadala Extends Atwood Orca's Drilling Contract in the Gulf of Thailand
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (Atwood) reported Wednesday that one of its subsidiaries has been awarded a nine month contract extension by Mubadala Petroleum for the jackup Atwood Orca (400' ILC). The extension is priced at a day rate of approximately $165,000 in Thailand.
Atwood Oceanics is a leading offshore drilling company engaged in the drilling and completion of exploration and development wells for the global oil and gas industry. The company currently owns 13 mobile offshore drilling units and is constructing three ultra-deepwater drillships.
The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Atwood Oceanics, Inc. common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "ATW."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Mubadala Development more info
- Mubadala To Hold Abu Dhabi's 2% Stake In BP (Dec 19)
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Abu Dhabi Plans Merger Of Sovereign Funds Mubadala And IPIC (Jun 29)