COSL Signs Deal with CNOOC's Unit to Charter Newbuild Jackup HYSY 932
China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL or the Group), the leading integrated oilfield services provider in offshore China, announced Monday that it has recently entered into a contract with CNOOC International Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. (Financial Leasing Company) for the charter of a new 300-feet jackup – HYSY 932 (300' ILC) from Financial Leasing Company for a period of five years.
HYSY 932 is designed to operate at water depths of 300 feet and is capable of drilling into depths of up to 30,000 feet. The jackup has arrived at Bohai Bay and commenced drilling services for clients.
The chartering of HYSY 932 demonstrates COSL’s efforts in enhancing overall competitiveness by three-way approach of “Charter, Buy and Build” to enter into the market quickly as well as mitigate investment risks.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: CNOOC more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Uganda's National Oil Firm, China's CNOOC Sign Exploration Deal (Sep 06)
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)