Ophir Energy Confirms Premier Oil Rejected Its Merger Proposal
Ophir Energy Plc confirmed Monday that that it has recently made an approach to the Board of Premier Oil plc with an indicative proposal to merge the two businesses as it believed that such a merger would provide the potential to create a well-funded, re-focused, full cycle exploration and production company.
"However, the proposal was subsequently rejected by the Premier Board," Ophir Energy said in a press release.
The company also confirmed that it is no longer considering making an offer for Premier Oil.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Equatorial Guinea LNG Project Stumbles As Schlumberger Quits (May 31)
- Ophir Energy Cuts Cost; Eliminates Staff (Jul 12)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
Company: Premiere Oil Plc more info
- Premier's New Oil Field Offers Relief After UK Pipe Halt (Dec 27)
- Premier Oil Stations FPSO at Catcher Field in North Sea (Oct 26)
- Premier Oil Seeks Buyer For Stake In North Sea Gas Field (Sep 14)