Saudi Aramco Extends Contracts with Rowan for 3 Jackups to Work in ME
Rowan Companies plc reported Wednesday that Saudi Aramco has exercised options on three jackups currently working for the latter in the Persian Gulf when the firm provided an update on drilling rig and contract information April 23.
Saudi Aramco extends the contract for jackup Rowan Mississippi (375' ILC) for one year, beginning in December, in the Middle East at $195,000 per day, compared to the previous base day rate of $170,000 after excluding the impact of mobilization and capex fees.
The contracts for jackups Hank Boswell (300' ILC) and Scooter Yeargain (300' ILC), both currently operating in the Middle East, were extended by a year, with the day rate for both pegged at $180,000 compared to $128,000 under the previous agreements. The deal for Hank Boswell will be effective August, while the contract for Scooter Yeargin will commence in November.
Separately, Indonesia's national oil company PT Pertamina has awarded a 120-day contract to Rowan for Rowan Gorilla II (480' ILC) jackup at $150,000 per day, unchanged from the previous base day rate.
Meanwhile, Rowan clinched a three-year contract from Repsol for Rowan Renaissance (UDW drillship) April 22 for operations offshore West Africa at an effective day rate of $619,000 during the first year, while Galp extended the contract for jackup Ralph Coffman (375' ILC) on an 80-120 day assignment in Morocco from early May at a day rate of $243,000, above the previous rate of $227,000.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Indonesia Confirms Pertamina CEO As State Firm Pressed To Curb Imports (Aug 29)
- Pertamina Discontinues LNG Terminal Project, Seen As Unfeasible (Jul 09)
- Bangladesh Signs Deal With Indonesia For LNG Imports (Jan 29)
Company: Saudi Aramco more info
- Saudi Arabia in Talks to Build Refinery in South Africa (Jan 18)
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Saudi Arabia Boosts Reserves Ahead of Aramco's IPO (Jan 09)
Company: Repsol more info
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Sources: Spain's Repsol Hires Tanker For Iran's Pars Oil As Sanctions Loom (Jun 19)
- Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria (Jun 11)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
- Ensco and Rowan Extend Time to Decide on Merger (Jan 18)
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- Shell Extends Jackup Contract in Trinidad (Jan 02)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp To Start Drilling Exploration Well Offshore Portugal (Jul 02)
- Galp Says Little Impact From Portuguese Refineries Strike (Jun 14)
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)