Saudi Aramco Extends Contracts with Rowan for 3 Jackups to Work in ME
Rowan Companies plc reported Wednesday that Saudi Aramco has exercised options on three jackups currently working for the latter in the Persian Gulf when the firm provided an update on drilling rig and contract information April 23.
Saudi Aramco extends the contract for jackup Rowan Mississippi (375' ILC) for one year, beginning in December, in the Middle East at $195,000 per day, compared to the previous base day rate of $170,000 after excluding the impact of mobilization and capex fees.
The contracts for jackups Hank Boswell (300' ILC) and Scooter Yeargain (300' ILC), both currently operating in the Middle East, were extended by a year, with the day rate for both pegged at $180,000 compared to $128,000 under the previous agreements. The deal for Hank Boswell will be effective August, while the contract for Scooter Yeargin will commence in November.
Separately, Indonesia's national oil company PT Pertamina has awarded a 120-day contract to Rowan for Rowan Gorilla II (480' ILC) jackup at $150,000 per day, unchanged from the previous base day rate.
Meanwhile, Rowan clinched a three-year contract from Repsol for Rowan Renaissance (UDW drillship) April 22 for operations offshore West Africa at an effective day rate of $619,000 during the first year, while Galp extended the contract for jackup Ralph Coffman (375' ILC) on an 80-120 day assignment in Morocco from early May at a day rate of $243,000, above the previous rate of $227,000.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Pertamina Signs JV Deal With Russia's Rosneft For New Tuban Refinery (Nov 28)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Spend $700MM On Mahakam Oil, Gas Block Next Year (Nov 02)
- Pertamina: Indonesia To Become LNG Importer In 2020 As Population Grows (Oct 25)
Company: Saudi Aramco more info
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Tellurian Set to Boost Louisiana Gas Holdings Tenfold (Jan 16)
- Saudis Seen Counting on 80% Surge in Oil Income to Balance Books (Dec 27)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)