Leni Reports Rig Arrival at Goudron Field
Junior producer Leni Gas & Oil reported Thursday that Well Services Rig 20 has arrived at the Goudron Field, onshore Trinidad.
The firm said that the spud of the first new development well on Goudron since 1981 – well H18 EJ-7 – is expected to occur over the coming weekend. The well is part of a 30-well development program on the Caribbean island.
Leni also confirmed that it has decided not to petition the Court of Appeal in its case brought in January 2013 against Mediterranean Oil and Gas (MOG) over a deal involving Leni's sale of a stake in the Area 4 production sharing contract, offshore Malta, to MOG in summer 2012.
Leni said it will remain focused on its core oil production business in Trinidad and its activities in Spain.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)
Company: Leni Gas & Oil plc more info
- Leni Sees Goudron Well Flow at 700 Barrels per Day (Sep 17)
- Leni Drills 5th Well in Trinidad Development Campaign (Aug 21)
- Leni Appoints New Finance Director (Aug 07)