Nido Prepares to Drill Baragatan-1 Well in SC63 in Palawan Basin in May
Nido Petroleum Limited (Nido or the Company) disclosed Thursday that the first stage of the farm-out process with Dragon Oil Plc involving the transfer of a 40 percent Participating Interest in Service Contract 63 in North West Palawan Basin offshore the Philippines has been approved by the Department of Energy.
Nido is now focusing on the second stage of the farm-out process, which subject to certain approvals being obtained, will see Nido re-acquire a net 10 percent Participating Interest from PNOCEC (PNOC Exploration Corp.) bringing Nido’s interest to a 20 percent Participating Interest in Service Contract 63.
Preparations for the Baragatan-1 well are now reaching their final stages with drilling set to commence in May on location in the Philippines. Nido will update the market as soon as the rig commences mobilization from Singapore.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- UAE's Dragon Oil in Talks with Turkmenistan on $10B TAPI Pipeline (Nov 27)
- Dragon Oil to Maintain Production Rate of 100,000 Bopd for 5 Years (Aug 07)
- Elliott Advisors Says ENOC's Offer Undervalues Dragon Oil (Jul 17)
Company: Nido Petroleum more info
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)