OTC Recognizes New Technology Award Recipients for 2014
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), which takes place 5–8 May in Houston, has announced 12 technologies that will receive the 2014 Spotlight on New Technology Award. The awards will be presented at 1600 hours, May 5, in the Reliant Center Rotunda Lobby.
The Spotlight on New Technology Awards—a program for OTC exhibitors—showcase the latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies that are leading the industry into the future.
"Our Spotlight Award winners embrace OTC’s mission to advance technical knowledge of offshore operations and environmental matters," said Spotlight Award Committee Chair Moe Plaisance. "Thanks to their pioneering spirit, offshore E&P will continue to play a key role in supplying the world with energy in a sustainable manner."
Winning technologies were selected based on the following five criteria:
- New: less than 2 years’ old
- Innovative: original, groundbreaking, and capable of revolutionizing the offshore E&P industry
- Proven: through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
- Broad Interest: broad appeal for the industry
- Significant Impact: provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
"I congratulate this year’s Spotlight Award recipients for helping the industry reduce risk and increase productivity in ever-more extreme conditions," said OTC 2014 Chairman Ed Stokes. "Cutting-edge technologies like these are always a highlight of OTC, as they demonstrate the ingenuity and forward thinking that is advancing the industry to new levels of safety, productivity, and efficiency."
Spotlight Recipients and Products for 2014:
- Baker Hughes – LaunchPRO™ Wireless Top Drive Cement Head
- FMC Technologies – Iso™ Pump
- FMC Technologies – Offshore Loading Arm Footless
- GE Oil & Gas – SeaLytics™
- GE Oil & Gas – Zenith GFI™ Ground Fault Immune ESP Monitoring System
- Geoservices, a Schlumberger Company – FLAG Fluid Loss and Gain Detection Service
- Halliburton Drill Bits and Services – TDReam™ Tool
- SBM Offshore – Very High Pressure Fluid Swivel
- Schlumberger – Seismic Guided Drilling Pore-Pressure Prediction Ahead of the Bit
- Weatherford – CasingLinkTM
- West Production Technology AS (Part of WeST Group) – SwarfPak Technology
- WesternGeco – IsoMetrix Marine Isometric Seismic Technology
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.