Deepsea Atlantic Resumes Work at Gullfaks Field in North Sea
Odfjell Drilling reported Monday that its sixth-generation Deepsea Atlantic (DW semisub) resumed drilling operations for Statoil on the Gullfaks field in the Norwegian North Sea late evening April 20 after an efficient and successful yard stay. The special periodic survey and the planned modifications were executed in 25 days, five days ahead of the scheduled 30 days and within budget of $55 million.
"We are proud of demonstrating our ability to surpass the high ambitions set for this yard stay," says Simen Lieungh, CEO of Odfjell Drilling.
Deepsea Atlantic has undergone a full five year special periodic survey in addition to the following modifications:
- Change of topdrive
- Change of two thrusters
- Change of N-line (a part of the compensation system for BOP/ Riser)
- Change of valves under sea level
The total scope of work has been carried out according to the plan and requirements without any injuries to personnel or major incidents.
"Planning and performing efficient and safe yard stays is an important success factor for Odfjell Drilling and the Deepsea Atlantic yard stay adds to our proven track record. We believe these results will further strengthen Odfjell Drilling's reputation as an integrated service provider offering project management services for third party rig owners," says Simen Lieungh.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Odfjell Drilling more info
- Oil Slump No Obstacle to 300% Return for Norwegian Driller (Aug 24)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- Odfjell Sees Continuing Tough Market for Offshore Drillers (Feb 29)