Oilex Finds Hydrocarbon-Bearing Reservoir Section at Cambay-77H Well
Oilex Ltd announced Monday that Cambay-77H well in the Cambay Production Sharing Contract in Cambay Basin, Gujarat, India has reached total depth (TD) at 7,775 feet (2,370 meters) measured depth (MD). The primary reservoir target (Y Zone) has been intersected on prognosis and increased gas readings similar to Cambay-76H indicate the reservoir is hydrocarbon bearing. A full suite of logs will be acquired subsequent to conditioning the wellbore, after which, the 4.5 inch production casing will be set and cemented in preparation for a fracture stimulation program.
In addition to drilling to TD, subsequent to the announcement April 8, drilling operations have:
- Modified and tested the BOP for the 8.5 inch hole
- Changed the drilling assembly to suit the 8.5 inch hole size
- Weighted up the mud system for anticipated over-pressure in the reservoir
- Drilled out excess cement and retrieved some debris
- Drilled out of the 9.625 inch casing and conducted a formation integrity test (FIT)
- Directionally drilled into the Y zone reservoir section
Cambay-77H is offset 984 feet (300 meters) from the Cambay-76H horizontal well that underwent a successful multiple staged fracture stimulation program along its 2,076 foot (633 meter) lateral section in 2012. However, it was suspended before testing due to downhole mechanical problems. Prior to suspending the well, gas and condensate flowed to surface during well control operations.
A shorter lateral section 1,148 feet (350 meters) in Cambay-77H coupled with a conventional “plug and perf” method for fracture stimulation is expected to facilitate the primary goal of the well – recording hydrocarbon flow information at surface during a production test.
Oilex will continue to inform the market about progress during operations on a milestone basis as indicated below.
- Setting and cementing of the 13.375 inch casing at approximately 1,935 feet (590 meters) MD
- Setting and cementing of the 9.625 inch casing at approximately 5,413 feet (1,650 meters) MD
- Completion of drilling operations at well TD, at approximately 7,742 feet (2,360 meters) MD
- Setting and cementing of the 4.5 inch production casing
- Completion of mobilisation of the fracture stimulation spread to site
- Completion of the fracture stimulation program
- An announcement in relation to flow back and production testing will be dictated by the well response to the stimulation program
A time gap between setting and cementing the 4.5 inch production casing and completion of mobilization of the fracture stimulation spread is anticipated in order to minimize potential standby charges associated with demobilization of the drill rig from site.
Managing Director of Oilex, Ron Miller, said;
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)