KCA Deutag Clinches Contract from ExxonMobil for Canada's Hebron Project
KCA Deutag, a UK-based drilling and engineering company, announced Sunday that the company's Platform Services division had made its entrance into the expanding offshore Canadian drilling sector following the award of its first contract in Canada, in a multi-million dollar contract with ExxonMobil Canada Properties.
KCA Deutag was awarded the Hebron Platform drilling operations and maintenance services contract. The contract will commence with an estimated three year pre-operations phase, followed by a nine year operations and maintenance program, with an option to extend.
KCA Deutag’s expansion into Eastern Canada is a key strategic success for the business and capitalizes on the work carried out by RDS, the rig engineering and design division of KCA Deutag. RDS has been carrying out the front-end engineering and detailed design of the Hebron rig facilities since 2010.
Rune Lorentzen, president of Offshore for KCA Deutag, said: “The award of our first contract in Canada by ExxonMobil Canada Properties is an excellent result. We look forward to continuing to develop a strong working relationship as we work on this project together.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)