MOG Receives 1st Payment Following Malta Case
Mediterranean Oil & Gas reported Friday that Leni Gas & Oil has paid the first $1 million (GBP 600,000) of the $2.5 million (GBP 1.5 million) costs awarded to MOG in a judgment by the Commercial Court in London earlier this month.
Leni had brought a case against MOG to settle a dispute it had with the firm over a 2012 deal involving the Area 4 production sharing contract, offshore Malta.
On April 3, Mr Justice Males held that Leni should pay MOG’s legal costs on an indemnity basis after Leni pursued what he deemed a "weak and thin" case involving serious allegations of fraud and dishonesty. The size of award means that MOG expects to recover substantially all of its legal costs, it said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)
Company: Leni Gas & Oil plc more info
- Leni Sees Goudron Well Flow at 700 Barrels per Day (Sep 17)
- Leni Drills 5th Well in Trinidad Development Campaign (Aug 21)
- Leni Appoints New Finance Director (Aug 07)