Jubilant Declares Commercial the Kathalchari Discovery in Tripura, India
Jubilant Energy NV declared Thursday the commerciality of Kathalchari Discovery in Tripura Block, which is located in Tripura state in the Assam-Arakan Basin in northeastern India. Jubilant Oil and Gas Private Limited (JOGPL), the Operator of the block, had submitted a declaration of commerciality of Kathalchari Discovery, to the Management Committee (MC) Dec. 28, 2012, for its review with following parameters -
- Gas Initially in Place: 1,078 billion cubic feet, or Bcf (Best estimate); High estimate 3,401 Bcf; and Low estimate 354 Bcf
a) Contingent Recoverable Resources: 128.6 Bcf
b) Development Wells: 9 wells
c) Production Facilities: Early Production Facilities including Gas Gathering Station, Separators, Pipelines, Flow-lines and Manifolds etc
The proposal for Declaration of Commerciality (DOC) of Kathalchari Discovery has been reviewed by MC with the following parameters -
a) Gas Initially In Place: 1,211.69 Bcf (Best estimate)
b) Contingent Recoverable Resources: 71.02 Bcf
c) Development Wells: 9 wells
d) Production Facilities: Early Production Facilities including Gas Gathering Station, Separators, Pipelines, Flow-lines and Manifolds etc
The Contingent Recoverable Resources reviewed by MC are based on Lowest Known Gas for the Middle Bhuban pay around the Kathalchari-1 discovery, as opposed to being based on the maximum area as originally proposed in DOC. The consortium will now submit a Field Development Plan by Jan. 12, 2015 in accordance with the PSC provisions.
Jubilant holds 20 percent participating interest in this block through its subsidiary Jubilant Oil & Gas Private Limited, India, which is also the operator of the block. GAIL India Limited holds the remaining 80 percent participating interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Diesel Guzzler Indian Railways Turns To Natural Gas To Cut Cost (Aug 30)
- GAIL India's Online Gas Portal To Boost Transparency (Aug 28)
- India Rethinks Decision To Split Up Gas Utility Gail Ltd (Jun 28)
Company: Jubilant Energy more info
- Jubilant Declares Commercial the Kathalchari Discovery in Tripura, India (Apr 11)
- Jubilant Energy Appoints New CEO (Aug 12)
- Drilling Begins at KPL-3E-5 Well in Kharsang Oil Field (Aug 06)