Lukoil Begins Iraqi Seismic Survey
Russia's Lukoil reported Friday that it has started a 2D seismic survey over Block 10 in southern Iraq. Approximately 1,240 linear miles of seismic survey will be completed on behalf of Lukoil by geophysical specialist BGP over the next 16 months.
Block 10 has a total area of 1,930 square miles and is located in the Dhi Qar and Mutanna provinces 74 miles to the west of Basra.
The seismic survey is part of a mandatory geological exploration program on the block that is required by Iraq. This five-year program also includes the drilling of one exploration well.
Lukoil was granted rights over Block 10 in June 2012. Its service contract over the block gas a duration of 25 years, with the potential to extend this for a further five years.
Lukoil is the operator of the Block 10 project, with a 60 percent stake, while Japan's Inpex Corporation holds a 40-percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: BGP more info
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)