Aminex Appoints New Exploration Advisor
Africa-focused junior oil firm Aminex announced Monday that Bernard Andre has joined the firm as its new exploration advisor.
Andre has more than 40 years of experience working with Exxon, Repsol and Total as a geophysicist and asset advisor. In recent years, he worked with East Africa-focused Cove Energy as an independent consultant to interpret and evaluate assets in the Ruvuma Basin before Cove was eventually sold to Thailand's PTTEP in 2012.
Aminex said that Andre will begin work immediately on the reinterpretation of existing data over the company's Ruvuma PSA in Tanzania, which includes the Ntorya-1 discovery well that holds an estimated 1.2 trillion cubic feet of gas. He will then interpret new data that is being acquired as part of an ongoing seismic program in order to high-grade numerous exploration leads into drill-ready prospects.
Aminex CEO Jay Bhattacherjee commented in a company statement:
"Bernard brings significant technical experience to the Company and we look forward to working with him to unlock the value in the Ruvuma Basin for shareholders."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Oil Majors Offload Gulf of Mexico Fields to Hunt Bigger Finds (Oct 12)
- Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor (Oct 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: PTTEP more info
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Repsol more info
- Sources: Spain's Repsol Hires Tanker For Iran's Pars Oil As Sanctions Loom (Jun 19)
- Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria (Jun 11)
- Repsol Asks Vietnam For Compensation After Drilling Project Halted (May 04)
Company: Aminex more info
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Cove Energy plc more info
- Aminex Appoints New Exploration Advisor (Apr 07)
- Ex-Cove Energy Team Launches Africa-focused Explorer (Mar 11)
- PTTEP Set to Raise $3B in Rights Offering; To Fund Cove Acquisition (Nov 30)