Petronas Expects First Production from Tanjong Baram Field in March 2015
Petronas announced Friday that it has awarded a Small Field Risk Service Contract (SFRSC) to EQ Petroleum Developments Malaysia Sdn Bhd (EnQuest) and Uzma Energy Venture (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd (Uzma) for the development and production of the Tanjong Baram field, located about 3.7 miles (6 kilometers) offshore Sarawak, Malaysia.
The SFRSC was signed March 27 in Kuala Lumpur, where Petronas was represented by its Vice President of Petroleum Management Adif Zulkifli, EnQuest by its Head of International Faysal Hamza and Uzma by its CEO Kamarul Redzuan Mohamed.
Under the terms of the contract, Petronas is the project owner while EnQuest and Uzma are the contractors for this petroleum arrangement.
“This SFRSC will see EnQuest and Uzma conduct development and production works at the Tanjong Baram field. The first hydrocarbon from the Tanjong Baram field is expected to be within 11 months from now,” said Adif Zulkifli.
Petronas has awarded four RSCs to date; the Berantai field to Petrofac and Sapura Kencana Petroleum Bhd in January 2011, the Balai-Bentara cluster off Sarawak to a consortium comprising Roc Oil, Dialog Group Bhd and Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd in August 2011, the Kapal, Banang and Meranti cluster to Coastal Energy KBM Sdn Bhd in June 2012 and the Tembikai-Chenang cluster to Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd in October 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Uzma Berhad more info
- Uzma Unfazed by Concerns Over Berantai, Balai RSC Cessations in Malaysia (Aug 08)
- PETRONAS Says Oil Production Commences at Tanjong Baram Field Off Sarawak (Jan 06)
- Uzma Clinches Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for D18 WIF Project off Sabah (Jul 14)
Company: EnQuest plc more info
- EnQuest: Sullom Voe Oil Terminal Repairs Complete, Brent Pipeline Working (May 07)
- EnQuest Profits Slide On Slower Kraken Oilfield Ramp-Up (Sep 07)
- Kraken 2Q Start-up 'On Track' (Feb 17)