SeaBird Agrees Mexico 2D Seismic Deal with TGS
Seismic survey firms SeaBird Exploration and TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company have agreed a deal to acquire up to 77,000 square miles of 2D seismic data offshore Mexico.
A letter of intent between the two firms will provide TGS access to charter up to four seismic vessels from SeaBird over a period of approximately 36 months, estimated to begin in 4Q 2014. The deal is subject to the issuance of seismic exploration permits by Mexico as well as the securing of funding for the project.
SeaBird said the expected contract is for between $110 million and $115 million.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: SeaBird Exploration more info
- SeaBird Exploration, Lundin Design 2D Survey Over Barents Sea (Sep 09)
- SeaBird Exploration to Stack Munin Explorer Vessel (Aug 06)
- SeaBird Warns of Continued Weakness in the Seismic Market (Feb 27)