Uzma-Enquest JV Inks Contract to Develop Tanjong Bram Field Offshore Lutong
Uzma Berhad reported Tuesday that a joint venture comprising its wholly owned subsidiary Uzma Energy Venture (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd (UEVS) and EQ Petroleum Developments Malaysia Sdn Bhd (EQ) has signed a Small Field Risk Service Contract (SFRSC) with Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) March 27 to develop and produce hydrocarbon from the Tanjong Bram Field, located offshore Lutong, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Under the SFRSC, the partners will be jointly responsible for development and production of hydrocarbon from the Tanjong Bram Field. They will implement the approved Field Development Plan (FDP), which includes drilling of wells, the installation of platforms, topsides and pipelines, and the tie-in of the new facilities to existing Petronas Carigali infrastructure.
First oil from the SFRSC, estimated to cost $100 million to develop, is scheduled for 2015. EQ will hold 70 percent participating interest in the SFRSC, which will be in force for 9 years, while UEVS will have the remaining 30 percent. EnQuest will be the Operator of the Tanjong Baram project.
"This SFRSC marks a new milestone and a new beginning in the Uzma’s service offerings in the upstream segment. It furthers augments Uzma’s three core capabilities, namely Geoscience & Petroleum Engineering, Drilling and Well services and Projects Oilfield and Operations services," Uzma said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia Tuesday.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Uzma Berhad more info
- Uzma Unfazed by Concerns Over Berantai, Balai RSC Cessations in Malaysia (Aug 08)
- PETRONAS Says Oil Production Commences at Tanjong Baram Field Off Sarawak (Jan 06)
- Uzma Clinches Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for D18 WIF Project off Sabah (Jul 14)
Company: EnQuest plc more info
- EnQuest: Sullom Voe Oil Terminal Repairs Complete, Brent Pipeline Working (May 07)
- EnQuest Profits Slide On Slower Kraken Oilfield Ramp-Up (Sep 07)
- Kraken 2Q Start-up 'On Track' (Feb 17)