Russia's Novatek Says to Get $980M for Gas Firm Stake Sale
MOSCOW, April 1 (Reuters) – Russia's No.2 gas producer Novatek said on Tuesday it has agreed to sell a 9.8 percent stake in SeverEnergia to Gazprom Neft for $980 million, in a deal which would split control over the gas firm evenly.
Before the deal, Novatek controlled 59.8 percent of the joint venture, with Gazprom Neft holding the remaining 40.2 percent equity stake.
SeverEnergia, with assets in Russia's North, is expected to produce 36 billion cubic metres of gas and liquids per year by 2017.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin, editing by Megan Davies)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Thick Sea Ice Blocks LNG Exports From Russia's Arctic Plant (Jun 21)
- Les Echos: Novatek CEO Says He Believes Total Will Join Arctic LNG 2 (Apr 25)
- Russian LNG Exporter Warns Against 'Vilifying' Country's Gas (Mar 16)
Company: JSC Gazprom Neft more info
- Gazprom 2015 Profit Jumps as Kremlin Demands Higher Dividend (Apr 28)
- Russia's Gazprom Neft to Delay Novoportovskoye Oilfield Launch (Apr 19)
- Russia's Gazprom Neft, China's CNPC Agree to Cooperate in Oil Sector (Dec 17)