Origin Energy Secures West Telesto for Work at Bass Strait's Yolla Field
Origin Energy Limited (Origin), as operator of the BassGas Joint Venture, reported Tuesday that Seadrill Australia Pte Ltd (Seadrill) has been contracted to provide the drilling rig for the project's upcoming work program in Bass Strait's Yolla gas field off Australia.
The West Telesto (400' ILC) jackup is expected to be mobilized during the 2014/15 Australian summer to drill the Yolla-5 and Yolla-6 wells as part of the Yolla Mid Life Enhancement project's second stage. The West Telesto is a three-leg jackup that will cantilever over the Yolla platform during the drilling campaign.
The drilling of Yolla-5 and Yolla-6, along with the installation of associated flow lines and other works, will support the maintenance of gas production from the Yolla field.
BassGas Joint Venture:
- Origin Energy Limited (Operator)*: 42.50 percent
- AWE Limited (through subsidiaries): 46.25 percent
- Toyota Tsusho Gas E&P Trefoil Pty Ltd: 11.25 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)