Lucas Energy To Farm Out Eagle Ford Acreage
Lucas Energy, Inc., an independent oil and gas company with its operations in Texas, announced Wednesday a Letter of Intent (LOI) for a Participation Agreement with a private independent operator to farm out approximately 400 acres on its Karnes County Eagle Ford leasehold. Under the LOI, Lucas will receive a payment of $1 million, payable in four monthly installments of $250,000, and the operator will drill an initial horizontal well in exchange for a 75 percent working interest. Also, Lucas will retain a 25 percent carried working interest, under which the operator will bear 100 percent of the drilling costs, estimated at $2 million. In the remaining acreage, Lucas will retain a 75 percent working interest and the operator will have a 25 percent working interest.
"This agreement demonstrates our previously-announced strategy to develop our Eagle Ford reserves in South Texas," said Anthony C. Schnur, Chief Executive Officer of Lucas Energy. "The final terms and conditions are currently being negotiated and are subject to the final signed Joint Operating Agreement. Once finalized, we hope to commence drilling by the end of the calendar 2014 second quarter. Also, in anticipation of increased drilling activity in the Eagle Ford, the Company sold out of the recently-announced 8 percent participation proposal in Madison County, and received $156,000 for our interests."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Lucas Energy To Farm Out Eagle Ford Acreage (Mar 26)
- Lucas Energy, Nordic Oil Terminate $22 Million Agreement (Apr 02)
- Lucas Completes HZ Tx. Well in Austin Chalk Formation (Feb 08)