Trial over Malta Dispute to Deliver Judgment Thursday
Mediterranean Oil & Gas announced Wednesday that the Commercial Court in London has confirmed that judgment will be handed down in the legal case brought against it by fellow junior explorer Leni Gas & Oil on Thursday, March 27.
The two companies went to trial this month over a deal arranged in the summer of 2012 that saw Leni sell its 10-percent stake in the Area 4 PSC to MOG for a dollar. Weeks later MOG struck another deal with independent oil and gas firm Genel Energy that saw Genel pay $10 million to take a 75-percent interest in the PSC.
Leni has argued that had it known that the Genel transaction was about to take place it might have taken a different view as the value of its 10-percent interest in the PSC before selling it to MOG. MOG has always stated that it is confident that it faces no liability regarding the transactions.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)
Company: Genel Enerji A.S. more info
- Genel can 'Plan with Confidence' in 2017 after KRG Payment Promise (Jan 24)
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Leni Gas & Oil plc more info
- Leni Sees Goudron Well Flow at 700 Barrels per Day (Sep 17)
- Leni Drills 5th Well in Trinidad Development Campaign (Aug 21)
- Leni Appoints New Finance Director (Aug 07)