Pertamina HE Keen on Stake in Mahakam PSC offshore East Kalimantan
PT Pertamina Hulu Energi, an upstream subsidiary of Indonesia's state-owned oil and gas company Pertamina, is keen on a stake in the Mahakam contract area in East Kalimantan offshore eastern Indonesia, a senior official said Tuesday on the sideline of the 2014 Offshore Technology Conference Asia in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"Nothing heard (on Mahakam block extension) ... We would like to have a stake (in the project)," Ignatius Tenny Wibowo, president director of PT Pertamina Hulu Energi said in reply to Rigzone's query seeking an update on talks between the government and the block's joint venture, comprising operator Total S.A. and Japan's Inpex Corp.
Partners in the Mahakam production sharing contract are currently negotiating with the Indonesian authorities to extend the PSC beyond 2018.
Pertamina Hulu Energi is involved in local and foreign upstream assets, including as operator of two two blocks - ONWJ and WMO.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Pertamina more info
- Indonesia Confirms Pertamina CEO As State Firm Pressed To Curb Imports (Aug 29)
- Pertamina Discontinues LNG Terminal Project, Seen As Unfeasible (Jul 09)
- Bangladesh Signs Deal With Indonesia For LNG Imports (Jan 29)
Company: Inpex more info
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)