Pertamina HE Keen on Stake in Mahakam PSC offshore East Kalimantan
PT Pertamina Hulu Energi, an upstream subsidiary of Indonesia's state-owned oil and gas company Pertamina, is keen on a stake in the Mahakam contract area in East Kalimantan offshore eastern Indonesia, a senior official said Tuesday on the sideline of the 2014 Offshore Technology Conference Asia in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"Nothing heard (on Mahakam block extension) ... We would like to have a stake (in the project)," Ignatius Tenny Wibowo, president director of PT Pertamina Hulu Energi said in reply to Rigzone's query seeking an update on talks between the government and the block's joint venture, comprising operator Total S.A. and Japan's Inpex Corp.
Partners in the Mahakam production sharing contract are currently negotiating with the Indonesian authorities to extend the PSC beyond 2018.
Pertamina Hulu Energi is involved in local and foreign upstream assets, including as operator of two two blocks - ONWJ and WMO.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Pertamina more info
- Pertamina Signs JV Deal With Russia's Rosneft For New Tuban Refinery (Nov 28)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Spend $700MM On Mahakam Oil, Gas Block Next Year (Nov 02)
- Pertamina: Indonesia To Become LNG Importer In 2020 As Population Grows (Oct 25)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)