Maersk Intrepid to Head for Norway After Delivery by Keppel FELS
Maersk Drilling reported Friday that in a ceremony held at the Keppel FELS shipyard in Singapore, Karen Tiffen, wife of Martin Tiffen, managing director of Total E&P Norge AS, had the honor of naming the ultra harsh environment jackup Maersk Intrepid (482' ILC) in the presence of the Guest of Honor Lui Tuck Yew, Minister for Transport in Singapore.
Maersk Intrepid is the first in a series of four ultra harsh environment jackups to enter Maersk Drilling’s fleet. The four jackups represent a total investment of $2.6 billion. The first three jackups, including Maersk Intrepid, will be delivered from the Keppel FELS shipyard in 2014-2015, and the fourth will be delivered from the Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) shipyard in South Korea in 2016.
After delivery from the yard, Maersk Intrepid will mobilize to the North Sea and commence a four year firm contract with Total E&P Norge AS for drilling the demanding and complex wells on the Martin Linge field development in the Norwegian North Sea. The contract includes four one-year options. The estimated contract value for the firm contract is $550 million.
“With the naming of the Maersk Intrepid, we are opening a new chapter in Maersk Drilling’s Norwegian history. We have invested in the Maersk Intrepid and its three sister rigs in order to continue to grow and leverage our market leading position in Norway. The Maersk Intrepid is the first of the four rigs being delivered and I am very pleased that it is going to Norway to work for one of our key customers, Total E&P Norge AS,” says Claus V. Hemmingsen, CEO of Maersk Drilling and member of the Executive Board of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: total e&p norge as more info
- Maersk Intrepid to Head for Norway After Delivery by Keppel FELS (Mar 24)
- Wintershall North Sea Well Comes Up Dry (Aug 01)
- 'Significant' North Sea Gas/Condensate Discovery for Statoil (Jul 02)