McDermott to Supply Vessel for Umbilical, Pipeline Work for Petrobras
McDermott International, Inc. (McDermott) disclosed Thursday that one of its subsidiaries has entered into an agreement with Petrobras for the supply of its subsea Lay Vessel North Ocean 105 (LV105). This contract is included in McDermott’s first quarter 2014 backlog.
The LV105 will carry out deepwater umbilical and flexible pipe installation in the pre-salt region and Campos Basin area offshore Brazil. Expected to commence during the third quarter of 2014, the term of the charter is approximately 200 days, with an option to extend.
“This new contract award highlights Petrobras’ ongoing confidence in McDermott to deliver leading subsea installation solutions,” said Tony Duncan, executive vice president, Subsea. “The charter also supports our vessel utilization targets as during the second half of 2014 McDermott will have three deepwater vessels on charter to Petrobras.”
The Lay Vessel North Ocean 105 is a dynamically positioned, fast-transit vessel, with advanced Reel-Lay systems for rigid and flexible pipelay in water depths up to 10,000 feet. It can install a variety of pipelines, umbilicals, subsea hardware and deepwater moorings for floating facilities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)