Transocean Legend Spuds Poseidon North-1 Well in Browse Basin
Karoon Gas Australia Ltd announced Thursday that Poseidon North-1, the fifth well in the Browse Basin Phase 2 exploration drilling campaign in permit WA-315-P in Western Australia, was spud at 21:40 WDT March 19.
The Poseidon North-1 exploration well, located 4 miles (6.5 kilometers) north-east of Poseidon-1 in permit WA-315-P, on the crest of a large, titled fault block, is targeting the Plover and Montara formations and has the potential to add significantly to the already discovered Greater Poseidon area resource.
The six well Browse Basin Phase 2 exploration drilling campaign will continue through calendar year 2014 using the Transocean Legend (mid-water semisub). Four of the six wells have been completed so far. The well location for the last exploration well of the campaign will be announced upon joint venture approval. The principal objective of the campaign is to better define the size and quality of the hydrocarbon resource within the exploration permits which contain the Greater Poseidon trend.
ConocoPhillips is the operator of the WA-315-P Browse Basin permit in which Karoon Gas Australia Ltd holds 40 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. more info
- Karoon Buys PEPC's 35% Stake in 4 Santos Basin Blocks in Brazil for $20.5M (Sep 28)
- PEPC Makes Overdue Payment to Karoon for Brazil's Santos Basin Blocks (Jun 16)
- Karoon Issues Default Notice to Santos Basin Block Partner PEPC (Jun 15)