Cosco Delivers Newbuild Pipelay Heavy Lift Barge to SapuraKencana
Cosco Corporation (Singapore) Limited reported Wednesday that Cosco (Nantong) Shipyard Co., Ltd , a unit of the firm's 51 percent owned Cosco Shipyard Group Co., Ltd, has delivered a pipelay heavy lift vessel, "SapuraKencana 1200", to Malaysia's SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad.
The delivery documents for the pipelay heavy lift barge were signed by and between Cosco Nantong and the SapuraKencana recently.
The vessel, classed by ABS, is equipped for multiple functions including oil piping processing, laying, installation and heavy lifting. SapuraKencana 1200 is capable of working in shallow water of up to 656 feet (200 meters) with a 10-point mooring system. The vessel also has a DP3 dynamic positioning system, which enables it to carry out heavy-lifting installation of large-scale offshore structures such as platform blocks, modules and jackets, as well as S-type pipe laying operations in water depths of up to 4,921 feet (1,500 meters).
SapuraKencana 1200 is approximately 504 feet (153.6 meters) in length, 115 feet (35 meters) in breadth, 55 feet (16.8 meters) in depth, with a design draft of 25 feet (7.5 meters) and a lifting capacity of 1,300 tons.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)
Company: Cosco Corporation (Singapore) Ltd. more info
- Cosco Delivers 2 Jackups to Foresight Group and a PSV to a European Buyer (Aug 25)
- Cosco Incurs $27M Net Loss in 2Q 2016, Revenues Fell 11% to $566M (Aug 08)
- Cosco, KS Energy May Sell KS Orient Star 2 if Offer Covers Building Cost (May 17)