CB&I Bags $625M Contract from Bechtel for Wheatstone LNG Project in WA
CB&I announced Tuesday that it has been awarded a contract by Bechtel valued in excess of $625 million (approximately AUD 690 million) to provide structural, mechanical and piping construction work for all outside battery limits modules and associated units for the Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project at Ashburton North in Western Australia.
"CB&I is proud of its 75-year history in Australia, where we have an excellent safety performance and a successful LNG track record," said Patrick K. Mullen, president of CB&I's Engineering, Construction and Maintenance operating group. "This award builds on CB&I's involvement in many of the major LNG and other oil and gas projects in this important region of the world."
CB&I is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. With 125 years of experience and the expertise of approximately 55,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.cbi.com.
About the Wheatstone Project
The Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project is one of Australia's largest resource projects. Located at Ashburton North, 7.4 miles (12 kilometers) west of Onslow in Western Australia, the project will consist of two LNG trains with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tons per annum and a domestic gas plant. The Wheatstone Project is a joint venture between Australian subsidiaries of Chevron, Apache Corporation, Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC), Shell and Kyushu Electric Power Company (Kyushu) together with PE Wheatstone Pty Ltd (part owned by TEPCO).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: CB&I more info
- CB&I Gets Go-ahead for Kazakhstan Petchem Project (Dec 11)
- CB&I Wins Contract for Saudi Aramco-Shell Project (Dec 07)
- Harvey Strikes Employment: CB&I Lays Off Hundreds (Sep 25)
Company: Bechtel Corporation more info
- Bechtel to Complete Building the Last 2 LNG Trains on Curtis Island in 2016 (Jan 12)
- Wood Group Wins Bechtel Contract to Supply Tengiz Project in Kazakhstan (Oct 07)
- EnQuest Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Jun 25)