Aibel Cuts First Steel for Topside Modules for Tullow's TEN Project
Aibel Thailand cut first steel for topside modules for the Tweneboa, Enyenra and Ntomme (TEN) project for MODEC, Inc. Friday at subcontractor Deeline Construction Co., Ltd’s fabrication shop in Rayong, Thailand.
“At exactly 9.19 am MODEC's Jeff Knox activated a plate cutting machine that cut the first steel plate in the project. This ceremony was followed by guest speeches,” Aibel Thailand’ Managing Director Jim Ryan said in the press release.
The contract for the topside procurement and fabrication of the TEN project with MODEC was signed in February. Aibel Thailand is delivering seven modules with a weight of 9,400 tons to the floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel.
Upon completion, the modules will be transported from Aibel’s yard in Laem Chabang, Thailand to Singapore where they will be integrated on a FPSO. The end client is Tullow Ghana Ltd. The FPSO will operate in deep waters off Ghana, West Africa.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)